Thursday, August 14, 2008

First Zombie Vanquished!

One Zombie Sock done, one to go.  It was a tricky start for me...but easy to do.  As I mentioned before there are two spots in twelve rounds that you have to pay attention.


My very hard working husband (yes, that is sweat on his shirt)has devoted every possible moment he can squeeze out of his busy schedule to moving my craft room ahead. This week we decided to add a ceiling fan before finishing the floor...and while we were waiting for the window treatment to arrive. It was quite a project and involved crawling in a small attic space of questionable construction to reinforce the area above where the ceiling fan was to fit. I think it was a wonderful addition and it looks fantastic. 


During one of our many trips to Home Depot, I found some cool cord pulls to use and discovered that they bonk together if you don't stagger them. That would be annoying.






This morning we woke up to some wonderful news.  Kim Rhode, the daughter of our good friends, Ric and Sharon, has won her 4th medal in her 4th Olympics.  This was her first Silver Medal.  If you are interested, you can check out her scores and some pictures here. There is a good news article about her that includes a short movie at this site.  I promptly put on my Olympic shirt to join in their celebration of her accomplishment.





No comments: