Sunday, December 30, 2007

Back Home


We are back home in chilly S. California after spending a glorious week in Cancun at the Mayan Palace on the Riviera Maya. After making a "crazy" ebay purchase of a timeshare, I thought we should go and check it out. It proved to have been a very good buy and a fantastic resort. The pool, room and service were quite good and we look forward to many trips in the future. Grupo Mayan has several resorts spread throughout Mexico so we won't tire of going to the same location over and over.
While there, we booked two tour days and saw Tulum,
Xel-Ha and Sian-Ka'an. Sian Ka'an is a huge biosphere and was an incredible treat for all of us. Greg and I had visited Tulum and Xel-Ha before, but it was Meghan's first visit to both locations. At Sian-Ka'an, we snorkeled in several spots and saw a number of plants and animals. We even saw male Frigatebirds courting the females on a floating island!Tomorrow, hopefully, I will post some more pictures from our trip once they have been uploaded. Among the shots will be my latest sock adventure(Jaywalkers) and my surprise Christmas present from my most thoughtful daughter.


2 comments:

Larry said...

It's good to hear that you're home safely and that you enjoyed your trip. Looking forward to those pictures.

Will I finally make those Jaywalkers? I've been tempted so many times and I certainly have plenty of choices in yarn. I'll see how it goes for you first.

Happy New Year! Did Meghan make it to France okay?

Lisa said...

Wow! Looks fabulous. Glad you're back. Happy New Year!!