Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Little Weather, Finally




Yesterday and this morning we woke up to cloudy skies and humidity.  Thunder and lightening remind me of Arizona during the monsoon season. Funny how certain sights and smells can trigger childhood memories.

I have been busy knitting and spending time with family this past week. Over the weekend we went out to dinner to Mike and Anne's. We ordered the two "special" appetizers for the evening- squash blossoms and eggplant. Both were delicious!


















We finished dinner off with some Port, beignets and ice cream. What a treat.

My knitting is humming along. Over the last week I have managed to finish two scarves and have made some progress on both the Rattlesnake Creek Socks and the Green Autumn Gloves.

The picture to the right is the Noro Striped Scarf, by Jerad Flood (Brooklyntweed). I started it last week and will weave the ends in this afternoon. There will be several more of these knit by me as it is way too much fun to see the color combinations roll along.

We are no longer hog sitting. The little critter was returned on Sunday. The experience was fun and not too painful...I think it likes us.

No comments: