Thursday, May 8, 2008

It's Almost Time


...for Sock Wars III to begin!  This is my first (and probably only) attempt to play an assassin game.  It will be fun to see how long I can stay alive.  For the past week, I have been mulling over which technique to use- weighing the advantages/disadvantages of each.  DPNs, wood or metal? Two circulars/one or two socks?  One circular/two at a time?  Too many choices for my little brain to process.  The whole thing kicks off tomorrow at 12PM GMT...which is very early in the morning here in the foothills above Pasadena.  I plan to get to bed early tonight..and wake up by 4 AM, shower, don my official warrior garb, print out my marching orders and CAST ON. Greg has promised strong, home roasted coffee to provide the needed jump start.  Spookie is involved, too-providing moral support. 

Speaking of Spookie, it appears that he has added a new element to his morning routine.  If the garage (Greg's workshop & coffee roasting factory) is open, Spookie surveys it first and then jumps up on the hood of my car to check out the mid-yard area.  Yes, there are now many paw prints decorating my very white hood. He is truly master of all he surveys....

1 comment:

gabarella said...

I'm out here, I'm local and you have small feet!