Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bedraggled Butterfly

So my DH and I decided to spend this Father's Day tidying up the front yard a bit and filling bird feeders. We did have a nice breakfast at Green Street and a tour around Armstrong Nursery before getting to work.



This poor creature was perched on cuttings from our morning's labor in the front yard. He seems to be on his last legs as his wings are quite tattered and he is missing the end of one of his antennae.








The hummingbird feeders are now filled and waiting for clients! If I am lucky, there may be a picture or two later this week. On my trip to Alaska, there were feeders everywhere with many happy customers in attendance.


On the knitting front, the Rowan Iceland has been growing. It is an easy knit with just enough going on to keep me entertained.

1 comment:

Tadpoletroll said...

I hope you see this comment since it's been a while since this post. I just wanted to say that I love your writing style. It's elegant while economical and uplifting. It's almost humorous in its cheeriness. It reminds me of Milne, and makes me smile.
See ya in Ravelry,
Terry (aka Tadpoletroll) : > )))
p.s. I guess the bedraggled butterfly is now bedecked in the glamor of his youth in Heaven, doncha reckon?