Monday, June 16, 2008

Hope You Had...

..a happy Father's Day.  We certainly did. As we were headed up the driveway, Spookie ran past the car with something in his mouth. Always ready to take a picture, I grabbed my camera, jumped out of the car and followed him around the side of the house.  He dropped his trophy for a quick photo.We met Meghan and Julien and went on an epicurean adventure in Monterrey Park. They find the most interesting (and tasty) places to go to...this one is called Elite and is known for Dim Sum.  I am sure Greg and I will be back there soon!  After eating we decided to go to Armstrong Nursery to continue our visit. We needed plant food for our tomato crop and they were shopping for house plants.  While there, I snapped some more photos...




































Then we headed to Borders Bookstore on South Lake to continue our visit and to look at some games on Meghan's Nintendo DS Lite.  I think she was surprised to know that I already had one! Meghan had some games that I didn't know about...so I was able to audition them.  It is a fun gadget and the games are very addictive.  Needless to say that I was on Amazon last night ordering three more games and a carrying case for my unit.  It was a very enjoyable afternoon, filled with fun things to do.

The Spring Forward Socks are coming along.  I am almost through the first pattern repeat (24 rows) on the leg.  It is the kind of pattern that lends itself to TV watching or conversation-not too taxing on the brain.  That doesn't mean that it isn't interesting. How do you think it looks?


No comments: