Saturday, June 14, 2008

How Cool is this?

Esmecat on Etsy has made stitch markers for Sock Wars III successful warriors.  The number of skulls indicated how many kills you have recorded.  The following link will take you to a picture of the marker she made for me.  Click here

Sock Wars III, the original version is almost over.  The Supreme Commander sent an email to the remaining "alive" warriors on Friday the 13th.  She instructed us to send a postcard to an address in Northern Ireland to arrive by a certain date.  However, since the USPS said it would take 5-10 days for mail to arrive there, my entry is not guaranteed to arrive in time for the drawing.  Yes, a drawing will determine the ultimate victor in Sock Wars!  

But hold on-the drama isn't over yet.  If you are on Ravelry, check out the Sock Wars III group threads.  A subset of the remaining warriors intend to ignore their Supreme Commander's order and carry on the battle elsewhere.  They are emboldened by SWTC's comments on the group forum.  Drama abounds!  Who expects war to be fair?

I have two more pairs of socks finished for the 52 Pair Plunge.  The Monos Locos no pick up gusset intrigued me, so I used it on the second sock in another pair.  The first sock in that pair was done in a wrap/turn short row method that I haven't quite mastered.



















Sock projects on the needles today are a pair of Detonators that I am making for myself and Linda Welch's design that can be found in the current Knitty.com.  

No comments: