Sunday, July 27, 2008

Reflections on Knitting....

It seems that knitting has taken over my life.  Not a bad vice, mind you! I have made many new friends, learned quite a bit (a fraction of what I need to know before I become an accomplished knitter), improved my technology skills and traveled...all because of knitting. This all began innocently enough when my daughter suggested that I needed a new hobby when I retired and we took an introductory knitting lesson with Knitdad. That was the genesis of my downfall...just kidding.  
This week I finished the first Primavera Sock and cast on the second. Another project, the Seamingly Simple Vest, that has been languishing on the sidelines for longer than I care to mention-was seamed up with pointers from Knitdad on Friday. It is a quick knit and is destined to be a wardrobe staple this Fall. The yarn, Blue Moon's Twisted, was dream to knit.A friend from Sock Camp put a call out for test knitters for a hat she had designed and I responded.  I've not been a test knitter before....it should be fun!  The yarn and pattern are on their way.

No comments: