Monday, November 19, 2007

Tale of Two Sweaters


With Thanksgiving fast upon us, I find myself knitting more than ever. 
  
The Separation Sweater is officially done.  Since I got a great deal on the yarn (75% off) at Stitch in Time, Knitdad's lair, I returned to the scene of the purchase for finishing techniques. Once the sleeve was correctly identified as a sleeve and not part of the sweater front, it went together easily. Today I learned how to single crochet and finished the edging and ties. 
 While there, I took advantage of the time and learned how to interpret part of a new pattern (new to me) that was confusing.  Black Purl has a pattern called Patrick (a braided cable pullover) that should be perfect for Greg.  I purchased 12 skeins of  Donegal Tweed at Unraveled this weekend and did the ribbing on my own.  My lack of experience and some items not included in the pattern proved too much for me on my lonesome.  Knitdad came to the rescue, thank goodness!  I am very encouraged with how the cables are coming out, so far.  What do you think? 

Tomorrow is a workday at Unraveled for me.  Drop by if you are in the neighborhood and keep me company.

A friend sent me a very useful link - especially if you are prone to speed when driving from one yarn store to another.  My first and best advice is don't speed .  But if you must, give this link a look, it is for real...take a look (here).

No comments: