Thursday, January 24, 2008

More Rain and Snow

There is more snow on the hillside above us and it is truly beautiful to see. But, oh my...it is chilly. It appears that we will have rain on and off for the next week. Greg and I have been watching the weather in Cancun - 70 low/80 high is somewhat appealing right now.

I am plugging along on the sweater front, feeling much more confident with my new system of keeping track of rows and decreases. According to my stitch count, all is well with the Patrick project. Brenda Dane is keeping me entertained today. She is an inspiration to improve my limited technology base. Through her, I found these wonderful e cards that can be sent to friends.
Jacquie Lawson e-cards

Last night, Greg and I went to hear a friend, Rob Kyle, at the Pasadena Jazz Institute, which is located in the Paseo Colorado, downtown Pasadena. The group was a real treat as the focus is Brazilian. Since I studied Portuguese in college, it is fun to listen to the lyrics and grasp bits here and there. It would be great to see them again, soon. They are scheduled to appear with a larger group on February 14, at the same venue.

No comments: