Wednesday, February 27, 2008

I Survived Stitches West 2008


Yes, it was fun and well worth the price of admission. I went for the "works" package that included classes on each day (Thurs-Sun), lunch on Thursday and dinners on Friday and Saturday evenings. The food was good and the company even better...I had table mates from Australia, Texas, Alaska, South Dakota and California. How wonderful it is to have the instant connection with so many different people...where else would people take their shoes off in the bar to show you their latest sock design?? Sorry for the blurry picture..but I didn't want to miss the shot. It was actually snapped at the Ravelry meetup.

My stash has been increased by another tub full of sock yarns. I lined it all up for you to see. It should also appear on the flicker badge in smaller increments that you can click on and ogle close up. Operating on my theory that I will have to live long enough to knit up my stash..I have probably lengthened my lifespan by another decade this past week. My first stop was for Koigu that was requested by my co-worker at Unraveled, Jillian. Then it was on to a planned stop at Blue Moon Fiber Arts where I met Unraveled1. You never know who you might bump into while standing in a long line. Etta Mae was surprised to see me and complimented my new glasses (French, of course) that were
picked out by Meghan.








Now for some pictures of work by the most well respected sock knitters in the world. It is one thing to study them in print and quite another to see them in person. Yes, they are better in person! I was lucky enough to get into classes with Nancy Bush (sick from too much traveling but still fantastic), Lucy Neatby (I now own all of her DVDs) and Cat Bordhi (love the way she thinks).















No comments: